February 28, 2017: The Canada’s 100 Best Restaurants 2017 list was revealed at the Shangri-La in downtown Toronto. Miltonian, foodie and renowned Canadian chef Jason Bangerter received the Canada’s 100 Best award for Best Farm to Table sponsored by St. Lawrence Market. Langdon Hall also placed 15th in the list of Canada’s 100 Best Restaurants overall.
Bangerter–known for his beautiful, intricate and often delicate food presentation, his championing of local ingredients, and for building food literacy from the ground up–is quickly becoming one of Canada’s most celebrated chefs. Having assumed the role of Executive Chef at Langdon Hall in 2013, Bangerter is as approachable and funny as he is dedicated and passionate about his work. He and his wife and their two children call Milton home.
Bangerter’s achievements while at Langdon Hall include:
- Relais & Chateaux, Rising Chef Trophy 2015
- The Good Food Innovation Award 2014 – Received the Gold Award
- Five Diamond Restaurant Award by CAA/AAA 2014
- Gold Medal Plates, Toronto 2014 – Received the Bronze Medal, fundraising chefs competition for Canadian Olympic and Paralympic athletes.
- The Good Food Innovation Awards – Received Gold by Food Day Canada for the demonstration of an innovative Canadian menu.
- Relais & Chateaux, Gourmet Fest at Carmel by the Sea – selected as the only Canadian Chef to take part in this 60th anniversary celebration.
- Canada’s 100 Best 2017 Farm to Table Award sponsored by St. Lawrence Market